View all dates
Just some of the Large Outdoors Scottish Highlights in 2019...
Which Scottish Adventure is just perfect for you in 2019?
When it comes to planning a big holiday or long weekend getaway it can be hard to choose where to go – there are so many options for a great adventure. Whether you want a week of easy walks, or a brilliant adventure up some of Britain’s highest peaks, we have something planned to suit you.
All our trips are sociable adventures with a small group and a Large Outdoors leader. Have a look below at a quick summary of our Scotland holidays and see what draws you in!
Isle of Mull Adventure and Explore – 7 nights
One of the larger islands in the Hebrides, Mull is the perfect place to get away from it all. With easy walks that head past spectacular sea views, sandy beaches, and ancient castles, we’ll be enjoying all sorts of experiences, from watching the sun set over the sea to sampling some of Scotland’s finest seafood.
- The peace and tranquillity that only comes on an island, but with all the top facilities such as excellent pubs and restaurants.
- Walks along the coast, and through the remote and beautiful glens, with views of the high peaks and over the sea to other islands.
- Enjoy plenty of time for sightseeing and sampling the best local food.
Isle of Skye Mountain Walking – 7 nights
Skye has some of the most dramatic mountains in the UK, with opportunities to summit peaks in the Cuillin, the Red Hills and the Trotternish Ridge. During the week we head out for 5 full days in the mountains, aiming to see each of these ranges and then give the group the opportunity to choose what they want to do on the last two days. The famous Cuillin is of course one of the most popular options!
- Your chance to summit peaks on the Isle of Skye, including in the Cuillin, the most impressive set of mountains in the UK, where local knowledge is needed to find the best walking routes.
- See different parts of the island and take in views over the sea and back to the mainland.
- Enjoy meals out each night where we can try the best local food, and some excellent pubs, with live music on nearly every night.
Scottish Highlands Adventure and Explore – 7 nights
This easy walking week will take you right into the heart of Britain’s highest mountains. Staying on the west coast of Scotland, we’ll head out each day to sample the best low-level walks in the area and have plenty of time for sightseeing and café visits. This is the perfect trip if you’ve always wanted to see the Highlands but would prefer to look up at the peaks from the valleys.
- Wander the beautiful glens of Scotland surrounded by the high mountains, on a week of easy guided walks.
- See the world-famous Highlands and embrace the culture, with everything from spotting red deer to sampling whisky.
- Enjoy local food, see ruined castles and relax in our accommodation as you settle into a peaceful week of exploration.
Scottish Highlands Mountain Walking – 7 nights
If your draw to Scotland includes a dream of walking up some of the impressive peaks, then this trip is for you. Based in the western Highlands we have access to the UK’s highest mountains, and all sorts of other peaks that would make fantastic days out. We’ll be walking for 5 days, with a rest day in the middle built in so we can explore more of the local area, perhaps seeing a castle or touring a whisky distillery.
- Summit major peaks in the Scottish Highlands in a supportive group with an experienced leader. Ben Nevis, the Grey Corries, the Mamores and the Glencoe peaks are all on the list!
- Enjoy lesser-known routes to the summits, and walks adding in secondary peaks that give you a new perspective on the area.
- See the local area, watching for wildlife in the hills and spending a day off exploring the history of the area (or just relaxing!)
Isle of Arran – Gentle Walks – 4 nights
Often called ‘Scotland in miniature’, the Isle of Arran is probably the most accessible island off Scotland’s west coast, just a short hop from Glasgow. With dramatic hills, beautiful coastline and a whole array of easy walks, we’ll be exploring the area with the aim of sampling as many different aspects of the island as possible.
- Enjoy a long weekend of walks on Arran, exploring the coast and the glens.
- Experience island life in the Hebrides, sampling some excellent local food, enjoying cosy accommodation, and watching for wildlife in the seas and on the hills.
- Including collection from Glasgow in our minibus, you can forget about navigation and logistics and enjoy the scenery while we show you around!
Knoydart Adventures – 3-4 nights
The Knoydart peninsula is home to Inverie, the remotest village in mainland Britain, where the road isn’t connected to the main road network and we need a passenger ferry to get there. This stunning place is where we set several days of guided walks, with lots of time to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet of somewhere so far from the bustle of everyday life. A separate trip we offer is a ‘walk into Knoydart’ which includes two nights of wild camping while we head from Glenfinnan to Inverie over 3 days.
- Experience the Knoydart peninsula, looking out over the Atlantic and enjoying guided walks around the coast and hills in this stunning place.
- Explore an area that was ‘bought back’ by the community from the landowners, and where everything is run and coordinated locally.
- Take in views up to the high peaks and over the sea, in a true wilderness area of Scotland, while enjoying the excellent pub food and drink.
Isle of Rum – Gentle Walks – 4 nights
A true wilderness experience, our adventure to Rum is a 4 night exploration of this island off the west coast and just south of Skye. With only a handful of permanent residents, and buildings as diverse as a bunkhouse and a castle, life here is certainly unique. We’ll be heading out on moderate day walks to explore the coast and glens of Rum, returning to the hostel each evening.
- There’s nowhere quite like Rum, a small island with some truly remote walks, where the sea is never far away.
- Enjoy a proper adventure, in a small group to one of the most famous of the Small Isles, where we can look north to the Cuillin of Skye.
- Despite the remoteness, good food and drink is still available, with plenty of chances to relax in our accommodation and explore the nearby castle.
Our Upcoming events - Scotland
Scottish Highlands – Adventure and Explore Week
Scottish Adventure – Walking and Wild Camping on Knoydart
Orkney and Shetland Adventure and Explore
You may also be intrested in...
How to prepare for a UK or International Challenge…READ MORE
Is 2013 the year you have decided to take on a challenge, either here in the UK or further afield? One of the most common […]
5 tips for your first mountain walking challenge…READ MORE
If this is the year you take on one of the great British mountain walking challenges? There are a lot to choose from, but whether […]
Four reasons why long distance walks are the bees’ knees…READ MORE
Across the centuries, people have turned to long distance walks whether in search of inspiration, spiritual enlightenment, to regain perspective on life or simply to […]