Week day guided day walks in the stunning scenery of Lakeland
Difficulty LevelsMultiple options available
1 - 2
If you’ve always wanted to see the hills of the Lake District and don’t know where to start then let us show you around! Join a friendly group each day for a day walk, in a package of three days on an excellent holiday in the hills. We’re running these special trips during the quieter months, when you’ll really get to experience the peace and tranquillity of the Lake District.
Whether we head up the hills for views of the incredible landscape, wander alongside the lakes, or take riverside paths into secluded valleys, we’ll take you out on easy sociable walks to get the best out of your Lake District visit.
Our Mountain Leader will collect you each day and take you walking somewhere different, giving you the chance to see the many different landscapes that make up the Lakes.
Lakes Day Walk Package Dates:
- Monday 25th – Wednesday 27th February
- Monday 27th – Wednesday 29th May
- Monday 5th – Wednesday 7th August
- Monday 21st – Wednesday 23rd October
In a nutshell:
- Three days of easy sociable guided walks in the north of the Lake District, exploring the best the area has to offer.
- Minibus collection from Keswick each morning and a return each evening.
- You choose where you want to stay and what you want to eat, and we’ll organise your days of adventure!
- Meet a friendly bunch of fellow wanderers and a knowledgeable leader who are all staying in the local area and want some company for their walks.
- You’re welcome to bring your dog on these walks, but unfortunately you won’t be able to use our transport.
About the Area
Lake District National Park
The mountains, lakes and deep valleys that make up the heart of Cumbria in the north-west of England make up the Lake District National Park. Every valley has a unique character and each hill its own history and identity. You’ll find miles of exquisite walking trails, dozens of tea rooms and welcoming pubs, and secret views of stunning natural beauty. Though it contains England’s highest mountains, there are plenty of options to summit the lower hills, and the area is well known as somewhere for all abilities. Created as a National Park in 1951, The Lake District was declared a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2017.
Please note: Unlike our standard residential trips were you arrive on the evening of day one. For this trip day one starts at 9am in Keswick and the first day of walking.
On each of these days we’ll collect you from central Keswick at 9:00am. If you’re staying in town we may be able to pick you up from your B&B. From here we’ll drive to the start of the walk and take you out for the day, stopping on the way so you can pick up a packed lunch. Your leader will decide the walk schedule considering the weather, and on the second two days, what the group is up for. Our main aim is to show you this beautiful part of the north-west!
In the evenings you’ll be free to explore Keswick either in a group or on your own. Your leader will give you recommendations for great evening meal locations!
Some possible walk options could include:
Good to know:
We do not provide accommodation for this adventure, but we’re basing it out of Keswick, a town in the northern part of the Lake District with plenty of hotel, guesthouse and B&B options.
We will be meeting and collecting everyone from the main Booths car park in the centre of Keswick.
What’s Included/Not Included:
- 3 days of easy guided walks in the Lake District, based near Keswick and the northern hills of Cumbria.
- Your leader will be a qualified Mountain Leader with a first aid qualification.
- Transport to and from the walks.
- We are happy to welcome dogs on the walks, but unfortunately we can’t accommodate them in our minibus. We will ensure you get to the start of the walk either by sending you directions to meet us there, or by going in convoy.
- Food or alcoholic drinks
Cumbria Show me
What our members have to say...
My first Large Outdoors and (Ulster & the Giant's Causeway Walking Weekend) Irish experience was absolutely fantastic. Everything was organised perfectly and Gareth is a joy to be around. I loved every minute and will definitely book myself onto another trip. #toldallmyfriendstheyhavetocomeVanessaMember Since 2018
“I didn’t really know what to expect on my first ever walking holiday and wasn’t very prepared if truth be known – lesson to all read the essential kit list especially waterproofs! It was great fun and what a lovely group of supportive and encouraging people, especially Gareth who did a great job looking after us all. I must admit at times I found it a bit challenging but what a great sense of achievement when we reached the top of the mountains (hills) I will definitely do this again.ElizabethMember Since 2016
Well, for a non-walker it was certainly challenging but my word was it exhilarating! The feeling of achievement after every day, was just fabulous. The group we went with were all strangers on day one, but firm friends by the end of the week. The comradery on some of the tougher walks, helped me to the top…..and wow what views. Anyone thinking of doing it - don’t worry….just go for it!ClaireMember Since 2016