Five days Lake District walking, fine views and fantastic company...
Difficulty Level3 Three
For this one we’ve expanded our successful guided day walks to five consecutive days enabling you to have the opportunity of tackling many of the Lake District’s finest summits as described by that great champion, Alfred Wainwright.
You book your own accommodation and then join our guide each morning at 9am in Ambleside or Keswick before setting off for a full day’s hiking.
With 214 peaks defined as Wainwrights, there’s plenty for us to go at and our guide will judge the exact route according to the weather conditions.
In a nutshell:
- Delight in knowing you’ve summited some of the Lake District’s finest fells.
- Enjoy being in a group during the day.
- Have the comfort of knowing your guide will sort each day’s route.
Dates & Meeting Locations
- Monday 27th – Friday 31st July 2020 – Keswick
Please note: Unlike our standard residential trips were you arrive on the evening of day one. For this trip day one starts at 9am in Ambleside or Keswick and the first day of walking.
Once we’ve congregated our guide will talk you through the day ahead.
The exact route will depend on weather conditions but we’ll be aiming to cover between 10 and 16 miles a day (NB: you need to be sufficiently fit to keep up a relatively good pace throughout the day).
Routes could include:
- The Fairfield Horseshoe – a spectacular loop that will see us bag eight Wainwrights such as High Pike, Heron Pike and Dove Crag.
- The Langdale Pikes – a grand day out where we could bag at least five Wainwrights such as Pike of Stickle, Pavey Ark and Thunacar Knott
- Castle Crag – a mini mountain but still a gem of a Wainwright which is ideal if the weather keeps us off the bigger fells.
At the end of each day and after allowing a bit of time to get changed and re-charged, we meet up for an evening meal before going back to our various overnight lodgings.
If people are interested in connecting up with each other before and during this trip, we’re trialling a Whatsapp scheme and we will email details once you are booked on.
Good to know:
Please note for this trip we do not supply any accommodation, we simply collect you each morning from either Keswick or Ambleside depending on the date, please see below for locations and dates.
Keswick Meeting Location: We will be meeting and collecting everyone from the main Booths car park in the centre of Keswick for 9am.
Ambleside Meeting Location: The Rydal Road Car Park, 1-3 Rydal Rd, Ambleside LA22 9AN.
What’s Included/Not Included:
- 5 days of moderate too hard guided walks in the Lake District, our aim is to each day summit some Wainwrights.
- Your leader will be a qualified Mountain Leader with a first aid qualification.
- Transport to and from the walks.
- We are happy to welcome dogs on the walks, but unfortunately we can’t accommodate them in our minibus. We will ensure you get to the start of the walk either by sending you directions to meet us there, or by going in convoy.
- Food or alcoholic drinks
Age Limit: You must be over 18 to attend this trip, there is no upper age limit.
Dogs: You are welcome to bring along your four legged friend on this trip. However, they are unable to travel in our vehicles so you will need travel from the meeting location to the start of the walk on your own.
Solo Travellers: This trip is perfect for solo travellers and although couples and small groups of friends are always welcome the majority of people do attend on their own.
Kit lists – You can view our kit lists here…
FAQ’s – For important information on what’s included with our standard trips, such as what food we supply, arrival times and answer to our most commonly asked questions please visit out our FAQ’s page
Follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Large-Outdoors
Join our members page and share stories, pictures and reviews here: www.facebook.com/groups/largeoutdoors
See dates above for locations. Show me
What our members have to say...
Well, for a non-walker it was certainly challenging but my word was it exhilarating! The feeling of achievement after every day, was just fabulous. The group we went with were all strangers on day one, but firm friends by the end of the week. The comradery on some of the tougher walks, helped me to the top…..and wow what views. Anyone thinking of doing it - don’t worry….just go for it!ClaireMember Since 2016
My first Large Outdoors and (Ulster & the Giant's Causeway Walking Weekend) Irish experience was absolutely fantastic. Everything was organised perfectly and Gareth is a joy to be around. I loved every minute and will definitely book myself onto another trip. #toldallmyfriendstheyhavetocomeVanessaMember Since 2018
“I didn’t really know what to expect on my first ever walking holiday and wasn’t very prepared if truth be known – lesson to all read the essential kit list especially waterproofs! It was great fun and what a lovely group of supportive and encouraging people, especially Gareth who did a great job looking after us all. I must admit at times I found it a bit challenging but what a great sense of achievement when we reached the top of the mountains (hills) I will definitely do this again.ElizabethMember Since 2016