Large Outdoors Ltd (Company Number 06959017) (hereinafter referred to as Large Outdoors, us, we) of 58 Market Place, Malton, YO17 7LW.
“Clients” (hereinafter referred to as client, you, your) means named person making a booking for a Large Outdoors event.
“Event” the named itinerary of activities as detailed by Large Outdoors. The headings do not form part of these Conditions and shall not be taken into account in their construction or interpretation.
- All bookings must be made online via www.largeoutdoors.com.
- All bookings are subject to availability.
- It is the responsibility of each client to act responsibly and safely in respect of their own safety and that of others. Large Outdoors operates with a high level of health and safety management in place. However, as with all activities, outdoor and adventurous activities carry an inherent risk and can result in injury, permenant disability or even loss of life. Clients are presumed to be aware of and accept the inherent risks involved and the clients taking part in outdoor or other similar activities should be aware of, and accept these risks and be responsible for their own actions and involvement. Large Outdoors, its Directors and Staff, will not accept liability for personal injury or loss or damage of property sustained by participants. We strongly recommend you take out insurance to cover these risks.
- Clients must have a level of fitness appropriate for your chosen event, and are responsible for bringing the appropriate equipment, details of which will be posted on the Large Outdoors website at the time of booking.
- You must notify Large Outdoors when booking of any medical conditions, medication or special needs which may require special facilities or could have personal health or safety implications. Large Outdoors cannot be held responsible for any implications arising from non disclosure.
- If, in the opinion of the Large Outdoors Leader or staff your fitness or equipment may compromise safety of an event we reserve the right to cancel or terminate your event. In these circumstances you will not be entitled to a refund or compensation.
- Any cancellation must be made in writing to LargeOutdoors.com by the person who made the booking.
- No cash refunds are given on cancellations.
- If you cancel your event for any reason more than 3 months before the start of your event, your full deposit will become non-refundable. Any additional payment made will be given as a credit note on account. This credit note must be redeemed within 6 months of issue against a new booking. No refund will be provided if the cost of the new booking is less than the value of the credit note.
- If you cancel your event for any reason between 2 weeks and up to 3 months before the start of your event, your full deposit will become non-refundable. Any additional payment will be given as a credit note on account but only in the event that Large Outdoors are able to sell on your place on the event and fill the vacancy. If your place cannot be filled any additional payment will become non-refundable.
- If you cancel your event for any reason less then 2 weeks before the start of your event, your full deposit and payment made to date become non-refundable.
The cancellation policies for Custom Events are given with the event booking details.
Event Cancellations Notification:
If you find you are unable to attend an event at any time please inform us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as you can.
Note: we appreciate wholly unforeseen events may result in cancellation. We strongly advise you take out insurance against irrecoverable cancellation costs.
Price & payment
The price of any Large Outdoors event or activity, including those sold by a third party with Large Outdoors acting solely as an agent will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. These prices include VAT.
If there is an obvious pricing error in relation to the Event which could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing then we have the right to cancel any bookings issued in respect of the Event and issue you a refund in respect of the same.
A deposit of 50% of the total event value is due when booking more than 12 weeks before the date of the event. The balance is due in full no later than 12 weeks before the event date. Non-payment by the due date may be treated as a cancellation and all deposit monies will be forfeited. If you book less than 12 weeks before the event date, the full event value is required to confirm your booking.
To secure your place on any of our events you will need to make payment to cover the costs as set out in the event description. Your place will not be confirmed until your payment is received and processed. Please note this can lead to a delay and you potentially missing an event if you pay by BACS or Cheque. Once payment has been received and the booking confirmed, then these terms and conditions will become binding on you.
Changes/cancellation by Large Outdoors Limited:
Large Outdoors reserve the right to change any of the facilities, services and prices described in the event itinerary/fact sheet.
We also reserve the right to cancel the event. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for an event is not fulfilled, we may have to cancel the event.
Minor changes to an event, such as a change to the start time, duration, walk itinerary, etc. If we need to make minor changes to the event we will advise you of these changes at the earliest possible date.
Minor changes will not constitute a reason for cancellation. If a major change becomes necessary, we will notify you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before the start of the event.
A major change would be a change to the event date(s) and/or location/destination. When a major change or cancellation occurs you will have the choice of accepting the change of arrangements, purchasing another event from us, or cancelling your event.
Should you choose to cancel, we will refund all recoverable payments made directly to us in respect of the event. We will not however, be in a position to refund any personal expenses you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as travel expenses, equipment purchase, travel insurance, vaccinations etc.
Changing your booking
If you are unable to attend an event, your place on the event may be transferred to another suitable person, who satisfies all conditions applicable to the event, providing that you give no less than 5 working days written notice to Large Outdoors before the event date. For the avoidance of doubt, any transfers for a residential weekend event will need to be on a like for like basis i.e a shared female space may only be transferred to another female.
Accommodation is usually provided in twin or double rooms, or multi occupancy dormitories. Where ever possible we will try to accommodate your preference of room type. Our standard booking policy for dormitories is mixed sex occupancy. Whenever possible we will seek to accommodate clients’ preferences for single sexed dorms.
Large Outdoors its Directors and Staff, will not accept liability for personal injury or loss or damage or property sustained by participants.
In particular any personal equipment brought by participants to an event shall be their responsibility and Large Outdoors shall not accept any liability for any damage to such equipment either during the course of an event or related baggage transfers in connection with events.
Large Outdoors recommends that all clients carry adequate insurance to cover the duration of any event and activities undertaken. The insurance should cover cancellation and curtailment, medical and emergency expenses (including repatriation), personal accident, injury and death. In the event of an emergency medical rescue and/or repatriation from an event by whatever means, the responsibility of such costs must be borne by the client.
If the walks and/or the weekend activities have to be cancelled, interrupted, or curtailed due to circumstances beyond Large Outdoors control, Large Outdoors shall not be liable to make good any loss incurred. The Client is liable for any loss or damages occasioned to the accommodation or any equipment therein as a result of their negligence.
We would recommend you take a look at: British Mountaineering Council Insurance.
All clients are bound by the Large Outdoors Acknowledgement of Risk:
Photographs may be taken on your event or course and Large Outdoors Ltd reserve the right to utilise these images for promotional purposes.
All complaints must be notified to Large Outdoors or its staff or agents immediately so that an on the spot investigation can be made if necessary, and remedial action taken if required. In no circumstances will any complaint be accepted if raised after your activity has ended.
Any information provided by Large Outdoors on such matters of climate, weather, clothing, baggage, special equipment etc, is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of Large Outdoors.
Large Outdoors reserves the right to substitute, waive or change, without notice, any details of the event, or booking conditions and procedures.
Large Outdoors events are only available to client’s aged 18 years and older.
Each registration is for a single user only. We do not permit you to share your user name and password with any other person nor with multiple users on a network. Responsibility for the security of any passwords issued rests with you.
We may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms and Conditions may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Law & jurisdiction
This Agreement and any dispute arising out of if will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or its formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Large Outdoors Agent for Third Party Events:
We may act as an Agent for third party outdoor providers (Operators) to market their events on the company site www.largeoutdoors.com in this case your booking is being made direct with the Operator and our role is purely to act as a booking and marketing agent.
The Operator is the seller of the goods and/or services under the event and shall be responsible for ensuring the event and the goods and/or services provided there under comply with all applicable law.
Subject to Operator’s performance of its obligations under this Agreement, Large Outdoors shall remit to the Operator all payments received from the Client.
By booking a third party Operator activity through Large Outdoors you agree to us passing on essential details for the management and running of this event. These can include your name, email address and contact number.
We will NOT pass on any Medical details listed on your Large Outdoors profile. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure you inform the third party about any medical conditions that may effect your ability to take part in the activity.
We will also not pass on any payment or credit card details, we will simply inform the Operator that full payment has been made.
This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against the third party seller and/or Supplier.
Terms and Conditions Valid from 28th April 2015..